Joey's Speech - Basketball

Basketball is one of my favourite sports. I watch it every day.
Now I’m going to start of my speech with James Naismith.  He created basketball in 1891. The reason why he created basketball is because they needed a game that was inside because of how cold it was outside in the winter.  Now it's become one of the most popular sports in the world with all it’s games and names like Lebron James with his own shoe brand, all the kings of trash talking like Koby Bryant and Larry Bird.
But the most funny thing is FLOPPING... like a fish on the ground pretending to be injured and trying to get fouls. I think the best flopper is Lebron James with all his fake cry baby faces.
Records, my favourite record is about my only favourite team the Boston Celtics with the record of winning the most rings.  If you don’t know why you get the rings it’s because when you win the title you get a golden ring. And The Boston Celtics have the most titles.
The person with the most rings is from the Boston Celtics he can’t even put every ring on. Bill Russell has 11 rings and has only got 10 fingers.  He is supposed to sell one ring. The top 8 people with the most rings are from the  Boston Celtics .
But now it’s time for a better record. Wilt Chamberlain, he is the only man to score 100 points.  He must of been the 1970s Hulk with his tallness. I can only score 2 points in one game.
And now it’s time for a team record by the Warriors.  We all know they're the best team with 73 wins and 9 losses. They have lots of great players like Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.
Then we have the 76ers with the record of 28 losses in a row. But they’re still a great team at least they have record!  Better than nothing!
As Kyrie Irving said “no alarm clock needed my passion wakes me up”.

By Joey Nakarawa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Speech - Don't Bully!

You really do need to check this out.